Key Publishing Group (KPG) has an immediate opening for a talented Technology Manager to oversee our company’s technical needs and manage third-party developers. Become part of a bright and dedicated team that publishes print magazines and produces interactive websites and trade shows for the entertainment industry worldwide.
This position is a lot like Scotty from Star Trek. Yes, the original one. He didn’t design or build the warp engines for the starship Enterprise, but he did know them like the back of his hand. Scotty not only maintained the engines but was able to occasionally modify them to perform tasks that the designers never envisioned. The candidate must be comfortable with working under the hood and getting their hands dirty in the code.
Therefore, the job demands a self-starter with the ability to juggle multiple projects simultaneously and meet deadlines. The Technology Manager works well in a team environment. It requires the ability to be flexible to respond to the unexpected, and have good humor under pressure. A big plus if you can juggle swordfish and thread a needle at the same time.
• Provide internal end-user support for desktops, applications and peripherals, including telecommunications, network infrastructure, servers, PCs, operating systems, hardware, software, and peripherals
• Managing contracted web development and maintenance, third-party application integrations, and custom application development
• Liaison between staff and our IT service provider
• Responsible for the budgeting and planning for computers (PC and Mac), servers and network appliances to support the needs of the team
• Manage and maintain phone and voicemail system
• Printer and fax machine troubleshooting and maintenance
• Occasionally traveling to our international shows with our team
• 3-5 years of combined education and experience related to desktop PC, MAC, network, server and application support
• Multi-tasking experience, specifically with multiple projects/deadlines
• 3+ years experience managing WordPress-based websites
The ideal candidate :
• Strong working knowledge of WordPress
• Experience with the software as a service (SaaS) model
• Experience with A/V systems
Why you want to be a part of Key Publishing Group:
– We offer a generous compensation package including highly competitive fulltime salaries, medical, dental and vision benefits, 401(k), generous paid time off policy
– Our office is a happy, creative and stylish destination (featured on officesnpashots.com) where our team loves to work, collaborate and succeed
– We travel in style and are the envy of all our friends
– We laugh a lot
The International Make-Up Artist Trade Show, or IMATS, is the world’s largest celebration of make-up artistry. Thousands of make-up artists, exhibitors and enthusiasts discuss, display and collect the best the industry has to offer. Make-up industry leaders from fashion and film (including Oscar, BAFTA and Saturn award winners) provide education and demonstrations at IMATS, and new products often debut there.
About Make-Up Artist magazine:
Make-Up Artist is a trade magazine for professional make-up artists and is read in more than 70 countries around the world. It was founded in 1996 by Emmy Award-winning make-up artist Michael Key with the vision to educate, connect and inspire artists and make-up lovers around the world.
About Key Publishing Group:
KPG produces the highest quality magazine, websites, digital content and events. The company is recognized as a leader in professional make-up artistry by the Academy of Motion Pictures Arts and Sciences, major film studios and global cosmetic companies. We work with the most talented and successful artists in the world. Our team delivers unparalleled value for our business partners. KPG’s combined social media reach is over one million.
If you would like to be part of this culture of excellence, we invite you to explore this career opportunity and see how your talent and aspirations might fit within Key Publishing Group. To apply, please send a résumé, cover letter, salary requirements and three professional references.
You can learn more about KPG, IMATS and Make-Up Artist magazine here:
Follow us on Facebook, Twitter and Instagram: @Makeupartistmag.
No phone calls please.
To apply for this position, please email: [email protected]